- Scald milk- ( heat to a minimum of 82 degrees ) * keep heat low, place spoon in to help not to boil or scorch bottom of pan. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and salt- dissolve
- Add remaining ingredients - leave bananas out until last step
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let flavors set
- Add Bananas
- Put into ice cream maker with salt/ ice/ etc. to make according to instructions
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
A day off...
We were thinking back to the last Chemo treatment in Houston and remembering the time we had visiting our hosts at their lovely lake house. We enjoyed beautiful Lake Livingston, located near Houston. In a word- PEACEFUL.
It’s always nice to sleep a little late, & visit with wonderful, giving people. Not just generous- but opening their home so we can have the little bit of “ normal “ we long for as we are away from our own home. We spent the afternoon listening to perfect music while we cooked and then finished off the day making the most delicious homemade ice cream... ( recipe to follow ) I think maybe the best I have eaten since I was a kid.
Theres nothing better than watching the peaceful view and letting grace wash over you. Gearing up for the coming week, yes, but now just a little sweeter, slower thinking as we prepare to return back home. Thank you to those angels
here on earth...
Hope you plan to take a day off soon. You ready for
that ice cream recipe ? Here you go... enjoy.
2 1/2 Cups Milk
2 1/2 cups of half & half
2 1/2 cups of Sugar ( fine granulated )
5 cups Whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 TBL. Vanilla
2-3 bananas - cut up into chunks or puree ( use the fruit of your choice )
Till next time-
Diana & Aubrie
Aging your home gracefully, Home decor with a past.